News & Notices
COVID-19 VACCINE NEWS BRIEF
Posted On: Wednesday, March 17, 2021As of March 14, 2021, a total of 8,613 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered through one of several COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
With confirmation that regular weekly shipments of the COVID-19 vaccine will be coming to Renfrew County and District (RCD), the list of those eligible for vaccination will now be expanded to include the next priority groups as outlined by the province. These priority groups include:
- Retirement Home residents (who will be vaccinated in-home by mobile vaccination teams).
- Retirement Home essential caregivers.
- Residents in the general population who are born in 1941 or earlier.
- Indigenous residents (on or off reserve) who are born in 1966 or earlier.
- High priority health care workers*
*High priority health care workers include community care lower risk exposures (mental health, addictions, developmental services), campus health, daycare/school nursing, dietary, opticians, podiatry, audiology, naturopath, social work, and non-acute rehabilitation such as chiropractic, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psychiatry, psychology, massage therapy, acupuncture and public health.
This news release also includes information on second doses of the Vaccine.
- COVID - 19 Vaccine News Brief - March 17, 2021 (9.30 MB)
- Vaccine Clarification (837 KB)
- COVID - 19 Vaccine RCD Key Messages March 24 2021 (1.54 MB)