News & Notices
Important 2022 Renfrew Municipal Election Notice
Posted On: Friday, October 7, 2022Election Fraud Notice & Voting Information
Voters letters have been sent out
Contact or Visit the Town Office if you do not receive a voter’s letter.
For a Great Tutorial on Online Voting, Visit:
2022 RESIDENTS PLEASE BE ADVISED: you are only entitled to vote ONCE in the Renfrew 2022 Municipal Election.
In accordance with Section 89 of the Municipal Elections Act, a person is guilty of an offence, and is liable, upon conviction, to a financial penalty and possible imprisonment if they:
• vote in the 2022 Municipal Election without being entitled to do so;
• vote more than once in the 2022 Municipal Election;
• induce or procure a person to vote in the 2022 Municipal Election when that person is not entitled to do so;
• provide false or misleading information to the Renfrew Clerk/Returning Officer and/or designate;
• supply their voting information to anyone for the purpose of allowing them to vote without the authority of the Renfrew Clerk and/or designate;
• take, open or otherwise deal with voting information without having authority to do so;
• directly or indirectly,
- offer, give, lend, promise or agree to give or lend any valuable consideration, in connection with the exercise or non-exercise of an eligible voters' vote;
- advance, pay or cause to be paid money intending that it be used to commit an offence or knowing that it will be used to repay money used in that way;
- give, procure or promise or agree to procure an office or employment in connection with the exercise or non-exercise of an eligible voters' vote;
- apply for, accept or agree to accept any valuable consideration or office or employment in connection with the exercise or non-exercise of an eligible voters' vote; and
• attempt to do any of the above.
Town of Renfrew will be monitoring voter records closely and has authority to take action against individuals who conduct any of the above noted actions.
The Election for the Town Renfrew will be conducted by online vote and paper ballot voting.
How can I vote?:
October 14 at 10:00 a.m. through to October 24 at 8:00 p.m.
Online Voting Stations are available at the Renfrew Public Library during their daily business hours.
Vote by paper ballot (Town Hall):
October 17 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
October 19 10:00 a.m. – 8:00p.m.
October 22 10:00 a.m. – 6:00p.m.
October 24 10:00 a.m. – 8:00p.m.