Building Permit Information

The Town of Renfrew's Building Department reviews and issues building, plumbing, demolition, sign and swimming pool permits for all development within the town.

Before proceeding with construction or demolition, you must submit a Building Permit Application to Department of Development and Works.  Once a building permit has been issued, and payment has been received, the project/demolition may commence. For more information as to when a building a building permit is required, click here

Building Permit Application

Building Permit Application Guide

Required Drawings

Building Fee Schedule - Updated as of July 1, 2019

The Chief Building Official will review your permit applications to ensure that your plans meet the requirements of the Ontario Building Code.  They will work with you to ensure your build meets all requirements, and is approved and completed in an efficient time framePlease contact our Chief Building Official for information on any of your building needs.

Tom Webster, Chief Building Official
613-432-8166, Ext. 304

For more information regarding the Ontario Building Code Act and regulations by visiting Service Ontario e-Laws 

Related Downloads

Related Bylaws

13-2000 Building By-Law..

Being a by-law respecting Construction, Demolition and Change of Use Permits and Inspections

19-95 Consolidated Sign By-Law..

Being a By-Law to regulate the erection, location and type of signs permitted in teh Town of Renfrew

77-2016 Development Charges By-Law..

A By-Law to establish Development Charges for the Corporation of the Town of Renfrew

34-1982 Fence By-Law..

To regulate the erection and maintenance of fences and including the fencing of privately owned swimming pools.